The product Group feature allows you to display a set of products in the form of swatches on the product page.
In this article, we will explain how to use the product group feature and guide you through the setup process.
Let’s understand the product group creation and working functionality with an example
For product group, we have selected below products for grouping:
In the App, go to Product Group → Group List → and click on “Create a group” on the top right side.
A create group wizard will open with certain steps to create a group with required details.
Step 1: Product Details
In this section, you are required to fill the details as shown in the image below:
- Group Name – A unique name for the group to identify the groups in the group list
- Option Name – A custom option name for the group which will be shown on the product page as the label of the group.
Step 2: Group Product
In this step, you need to add all the Seven products shown in the first image for creating the group.
For adding the products, simply search for their names in the “Select Products” field and click to add them.
After adding products, you will get the options within the group for updating the following details:
- Product Display Name
- Delete product
Step 3: Advance Options
In this step, you can update the position of the widget on your product page.
Two options are available in this step for display positions: –
- Above the product option: it will show the product group just above the default variant options.
- Below the product option: it will show the product group just below the default variant options.
Then Click on “Save” button.
Now to Activate the widget in your store, click on Settings in (Product group option) and Toggle to Enable it.
Now the Product Group is ready for use with the ‘Default’ template
If you want to change the appearance of the ‘Product group swatches’, you can select the required template in the ‘Swatch Configuration’ option.
In the store, on the product page, the product group swatches will be displayed as shown in the image below:
Common use cases:
- With this feature, you can easily extend Shopify’s 100-variant limit by grouping together similar products.
- With this feature, you can display additional products as swatches with the associated product.
If you face any difficulty please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org