Requirements: Shop Name/URL and accessibility of the customer’s site.
Possible reasons to break the line items functionality:
- Snippet not added in “Add to Cart” form.
- Variant ID is not available in URL Structure.
- Click on “Add to Cart” button before the page gets load.
- Multiple “Add to Cart” buttons in user’s site and the snippet is not added at all places correctly.
- The theme is not pushing line items properties.
- “Load More” button on collection pages.
- Snippet not added in “Add to Cart” form:
- Open the element inspector and check that if the Line Items snippet is added properly in this Add-to-Cart form.
- Variant ID not available in URL Structure:
- We have to check that correct URL structure is available in user’s site which is required by the Product Kits App.
- If variant will not available in URL, line items properties will not update as per the bundle option selection and default line items properties will be pushed.
- If his site adds any additional text such as “#”, “next”, “prev” etc. after the variant id in URL, this will also break the compatibility of the URL with Line items Properties.
- Click on “Add to Cart” button before page gets load:
It is a common issue which causes the problem with the line items functionality of the Product Kits App.
- If the customer will click on Add to Cart button before getting the page load (before execution of the script), then line items functionality will not work.
- To resolve it we need to add the line items script directly inside theme just after the </from> where you have pasted the line items snippet.
- Click here for reference.
- Multiple “Add to Cart” buttons in his site and snippet not added at all places correctly:
- Check out all “Add to Cart” buttons in User’s site.
- Search in “collections” à in both List and Column views.
- Search in “You may like sections”.
- Search in “Related Products section” etc.
- The theme is not pushing line items properties:
Sometimes, the user adds the snippets properly, the script executes properly and when you click on Add to Cart button, still line items not shows in Cart, Checkout and in Order Page in Shopify.
- It means User’s theme is not pushing the line items properties on click of Add to Cart button.
- We have to ask users to test it with custom line items properties and consult with theme develop in regard to this.
- “Load More” button on collection pages:
This is a rear case which can break the line items functionality of the App.
- If any bundle product loads on click of load more button on a collection or any other page except Product page, it can break the line items functionality of the App. As this bundle will load after the execution of the script.
- It’s hard to fix this. We’ll need to investigate in theme structure and then we will do further updates accordingly in the theme.
Note: There might be other reasons apart from the above six which may break the line items functionality of the App.